Cold topping for pasta salad
I intorduce you a simple recipe, suitable also for vegetarians, vegans but also for people with gluten intolerance, to spend some time together in the last days of summer.
Time: 30 min.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- chickpeas (already boiled) 300g
- zucchinis 2 big
- eggplants 2 big
- cherry tomatoes 12 pcs
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- salt e pepper to taste
- parsley or basil ( optional )
- Cut the zucchini in 4 parts and remove the inner soft part.
- Dice the external part of zucchini (about 1 cm).
- Sauté the zucchini in a pan. Use little oil and trifolare.
Once zucchini are are done, add salt and pepper and put them on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
Repeat the same for eggplants: remove the inner part, dice and sauté. Then put on paper towel to remove excess oil.
Cut the tomatoes in half, remove the seeds and put in a pan with little oil and a pinch of salt (you can also bake them in the oven at 180° Celsius). When they are dried, turn them on the other side, add another pinch of salt and cook for another couple of minutes.
Take tomatoes out of the pan and place them on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Pick a pasta you like (already boiled, cooled and strained) put it in a large bowl and add chickpeas, tomatoes, zucchinis and eggplants. Mix everything with olive oil and if you like it add chopped parsley or basil.
- I suggest to make this salad with Lodi Pasta Fresca White Green Strozzapreti. 420 grams if still raw or 720 grams if already cooked.
- You can also use one color strozzapreti or another kind of durum pasta or also gluten-free pasta.
- You can also use raw tomatoes, both yellow and red ones are good. If they are very small you can avoid cutting them.
- If you use canned chickpeas, it is better to blanch them before use: it will remove additives and it will be easier to peel them.
- Quickly chill both pasta and vegetables.